Workforce Development Reimbursement Program
The Nebraska Department of Transportation allocates funds to a workforce development program (WFD) which are used to reimburse employees participating in professional development activities, including workshops, classes and conferences.
Please direct any questions regarding the approval status of your professional development request to Jodi Gibson, NDOT Local Projects Section at Jodi.Gibson@nebraska.gov.
Who is eligible?
- Employees of Nebraska local public transportation agencies
- Must be in full-standing
- Must be regular status
- Cannot be on vacation, medical, suspension, or other forms of leave
What expenses qualify for reimbursement?
- Registration costs
- Lodging (details here)
- Meals (details here, no alcohol)
- And some textbooks or materials
- Mileage is NOT eligible for reimbursement
Requesting Reimbursement: What is the employee is responsible for?
- Before the event, employee verifies the professional development activity is approved by NDOT (see list of approved courses link below).
- If professional development activity is not on pre-approved list, submit request form to NDOT
- After the event, employee submits expenses/receipts to their employer
Requesting Reimbursement: What is the local public agency responsible for?
- LPA submits the WFD reimbursement form with original receipts to NDOT
- NDOT reimburses the local public agency for allowable expenses
- In some cases, Nebraska LTAP can direct bill expenses for hosted classes to NDOT. The local public agency cannot submit the same expenses.
Completed WFD reimbursement forms and all original receipts should be sent to:
NDOT Local Projects Section, Attn: Jodi Gibson, PO Box 94759, Lincoln, NE 68509-4759
* For questions on LTAP hosted classes/events and related expenses, please contact Nebraska LTAP at 402-472-5748.